Friday 2 August 2013

LUSH colour supplement first impressions

I love LUSH cosmetics as a brand. All of their products are made from fresh handmade products. I especially love their bath bombs, but I will save that for another post :)


The colour supplement is described as a multi-purpose base colour for paler skin types of predominantly pink tones. - That's me! It comes in a 20g jar and retails for £8.50



The colour of the colour supplement I got is 'light pink'. This shade suited me best. The others were too yellow or too dark for me. I am usually around the NW15 colour as a reference.
On opening the product jar it smelt just like walking into lush- you know that smell, well that's what it smells like which I love! It truly is heavenly. However on applying this to the skin, the smell appeared to change to more of a plastic smell which I wasn't a fan of. I will have to test this out with a different base moisturiser as I wonder if that had anything to do with the mix of smells or something.

The product itself had a nice consistency although to be honest it felt just like a moisturiser. It blended out very sheer, so although I think it did add a bit of balance to my skin tone, I don't think it covered anything. I certainly wouldn't have mixed it with a moisturiser as it suggests. I applied it neat to all of my face. There really was minimal coverage and certainly not enough to use it as a concealer. I get dark under eye circles and this product did nothing to conceal them. Lush suggests "Blend it with your face moisturiser to create your ideal tint. Use it straight for perfect cover". To be honest I'd use it for neither of the suggestions. I will continue to use it, but definitely not as a concealer and I wouldn't mix it with a moisturiser. I would use it on it's own and add concealer where needed or I think it could be used as a base before added other makeup for a fuller coverage.

Bit of a disappointment from Lush for me, I have swatched their other colour pigments in store before and wasn't impressed with the longevity them. I will stick with my love of the bath bombs, soaps etc in that shop. I'm glad I tested this product, but I wouldn't repurchase it again.

What do you like from lush? Have you tried this colour supplement? If so, let me know your thoughts.

Please like and follow.

Nicola xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment