Saturday 3 August 2013

So Eco makeup brushes


Today I took a trip to a couple of my local TESCOS in search of some cool looking purple bristled makeup brushes which I have watched Gabriella Rose from 'Velvetgh0st talk about in some of her makeup tutorials. Unfortunately I seem to have missed the boat on these as neither stores I visited had them - I have also just looked online and they are currently unavailable. I did however come across the makeup brushes brand 'So eco'. I picked up a blush brush and a powder brush.
 
 
Here's a summary of what the brand highlights about their brushes:
  • made from recycled & sustainable materials that are compostable, recyclable & bio-degradable
  • super soft & cruelty free
  • handle is made from bamboo - an ecologically sustainable material, aluminium ferule is recycled
  • packaging is PEFC approved board from managed forests, window is made from corn starch, held together using water based adhesives & printed vegetable inks
I love how 'eco' the brushes and brand are. I have never tried 'eco tools' makeup brushes but when I saw these I thought they looked really similar and thought I'd give them a go. I am yet to try them so I will keep you posted on how I have found them. They are reasonably priced at £7.50 for the blush brush and £8.50 for the powder brush. They are hand cut and the blush brush had a great evenly graduated finished cut. However the powder brush (although graduated) was not so much. On taking the powder brush out of it's packaging I noticed that it had a longer stray bristle hanging out, so I tried to pull it out as it looked on the verge of falling out but it will not budge! I will see how I go but I may need to trim that.
 
Have you tried any of these brushes or any TESCOS makeup brushes?
 
I'd love to hear your comments and please follow my blog.
 
Nicola X
 
 

1 comment: